Thursday 11 October 2012

Update (and justifications)

It's interesting to notice that my last post on the blog was published in October 2011...and now we've already reached October 2012! There are two interpretations of this fact: the optimistic and the pessimistic one....read on.

Obviously the pessimistic would be that "nothing worth to share with the world has happened during this one year of my PhD programme and no valuable work has been produced". Luckily, this is not the case and we are on the optimistic side: There have been numerous interesting things happening, such as seminars, conferences, projects, long fights with MS Excel, interesting results produced, submittions of articles and abstracts, collaborations with other PhD students of my group, non-academic activities, lots of travelling, weddings and kids everywhere...and thus, finding time to report, on a regular basis, on everything that has happened was practically impossible (given my origin and the strong forces of procrastination that rule this world)!

To my atonement, some posts have been saved as drafts for months on the blog and were not published on time (or never if you prefer), other were kept forever in the word document containing 'updates for the blog' and so on. 

Hopefully, i'll be able to produce a summary of only the really interesting things and make few posts in the next days. Please bear with me and thank you for the interest in my blog :)

PS. I won't promise (cause i hate breaking promises) but my idea of providing small and useful articles on MCDA, uncertainty handling, sensitivity analysis, challenges with excel and more, is still vivid and hopefully will be implemented soon. The first two topics will be excel related and specifically on the 'generation of random weights for Monte Carlo analysis' and 'generation of long series of repeatable numbers'.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am constantly hoping I will start updating mine. Well, let's say I'll do mine if you do yours. :-P

    ReplyDelete